dress: Julie Dillon, belt: Nordstrom, shoes: Zara, clutch: Rebecca Minkoff MAC crossbody, bracelet watch: Anne Klein.
This is one of my favorite shades of blue, so I was happy to see it on the trend forecast for this year and then post about it on Spring Trend: A Sea of Blue. When my husband told me we were going to a business event with cocktail attire, I knew this dress would fit the bill and was happy to have snagged it on sale a few months back. I also love this clutch, even though it’s a bit big for evening, because of its anthracite metallic sheen. The slight glimmer gives it an after-hours feel. The mid-heel, patent nude wedges are still available over at Zara for a song ($49, also in black) and measure in at only 3″, with a 1″ wedge. They are so easy to walk in, which I appreciate for a business function. I’m thinking these wedges would also be great for an outdoor wedding or any lawn party.
I’m linking up on Monday Mingle (at Momtrends) and Visible Monday (at Not Dead Yet) today, so be sure to head over and check them out.
More like this:
Spring Trends: A Sea of Blue
Loving: Painterly Florals
Spring Trends: Graphic Design
Posted in Fashion, Shoes, Street Style, Style, Trends
Tagged Blue, Business event, cocktail attire, Cocktail dress, Dressing in your 40s, Rebecca Minkoff, style, Trends
Rebecca Taylor Spring 2012, Style.com
It’s time to gather steam on your Spring shopping list. Stores are beginning to get their first warm weather items and the itch to get some new things is strong. Have you started already?
Ocean-inspired blues are big news this spring. They range in hues from bright, electric blues to soft, watery blues and will pair well with yellow, orange and the lush blue-green colors that are also popular. Rebecca Taylor (pictured above) walked several items down the runway for Spring 2012 in this artful blue pattern and I absolutely love it (and want it too).
Here are some more beautiful blues to add to your closet this spring (and summer):
Shoshanna Julie Acacia Print Dress
Zara Sandal with Combined Straps
Theory ‘Efina D’ Merino Sweater
Pim + Larkin Colette Blazer
Elizabeth & James Sadie Dress
Marimekko PJ by Converse
- Shoshanna ‘Julie Acacia’ Dress, $375 at Shopbop.com
- Zara Sandal with Combined Straps, $35 at Zara.com
- Theory ‘Efina D’ Merino Sweater, $295 at Piperlime.com
- Pim + Larkin ‘Colette’ Blazer, $79 at Piperlime.com
- Elizabeth & James ‘Sadie’ Dress, $395 at Piperlime.com
- Marimekko PJ by Converse Sneakers, $90 at Piperlime.com
You’ll have to endure a few more weeks of nautical-inspired posts from me. I’ve got beach on the brain and truly can’t wait to change my latitude in the coming days and cast-off winter for a few precious moments. I’m heading to the water soon (but not soon enough), so this spring trend is right up my alley.
Speaking of water and beaches, here are the last two books I read. Do you see how crazy for the island life I am right now!
- An Embarrassment of Mangoes: A Caribbean Interlude by Ann Vanderhoof is about a couple who decide to quit their jobs and sail from Canada to the Caribbean. Sailing may sound like a dream, but every dream has rough waters to go through.
- Cross Currents by John Shors takes place on Koh Phi Phi island near Thailand in the days just before and after the devastating tsunami hits and follows two intertwined families, one Thai and the other American, one of which is running from the law.
Read my reviews and see if you’d like these books too. This makes 5 books read out my goal of 30 books for 2012. On track for now!
Posted in Books, Fashion, Trends
Tagged Blue, Book review, Elizabeth & James, fashion week, Marimekko, Rebecca Taylor, Shoshanna, Theory, ZARA