The Daily Chictomist via Chictopia
District of Chic via Chictopia
Malaika Firth via Vanessa Jackman
Mijo Mijaljcic via Stockholm Streetstyle
Throwing on a blanket sweater or coat is a sure-fire way to get a crisp fall look without having to work too hard. All the women shown here have started with a minimalist, neutral base layer and then let the patterned topper take the forefront. It’s one of my eternally favorite fall looks, because it looks casually chic and offers a big payoff.
Stay warm and have a wonderful day!
“There is no place more delightful than one’s own fireplace.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
I want to feel this cozy.
You probably saw this post coming a Mile High away. It’s the most fashionable way to cheer on my home team this weekend in the Super Bowl. Go Broncos!!
Who else is watching this weekend, either by force or for fun?
Here are some things I thought were interesting or curious this week and wanted to share with you:
- Refinery29 put up a shopping guide for 12 Perfect Pairs of Tan Booties That Will Put A Spring In Your Step. High heeled, low heeled, pricey and affordable. Great picks.
- Tommy Ton shoots street style at the Spring Couture shows that are happening now. It’s the show before the show, if you know what I mean.
- WhoWhatWear gives us a lesson on how to wear your jeans with boots and how to remedy that awkward boot tuck.
- Is this the end of Lady Mary’s suitor, Lord Gillingham? We hope not, because he’s kind of dreamy. Get another look at this handsome bloke.
- And on that note, take a sip of Cocktail Recipes from the World’s Most Romantic Bars. Passion Royale, anyone?
Hang in there! It’s almost the weekend.
Last weeks’ sub-zero arctic blast in Colorado had us braving daily highs of 5 degrees. Brrrrrrr! With that passed, it feels downright balmy at 35 degrees in Boulder today. Boy, does one’s perspective change quickly. Given the icy plunge into deep, dark winter, I wanted to show what women around the world (in the Ukraine, Europe, Scandinavia, Japan, Bulgaria and US) are wearing to keep warm and stylish.
On the Streets
London via Dress Up Jess
Tokyo, Japan via Tokyo Fashion
San Francisco via Chictopia
Helsinki, Finland via Hel-looks
Kiev, Ukraine via Kyiv Street Style
Kiev via Kyiv Street Style
Sofia, Bulgaria via Sofia Street Style
Copenhagen, Denmark via The Locals
It can be tough to look pulled together when the temperatures are frosty, but these women are wonderful. Their coats range from printed to colorful and romantic to classic. This is why I love local street style so much. It’s not trying to sell me something. It’s just women being real and going about their lives in the clothes they actually wear.
Have fun out there and stay warm!
More timely reads:
Posted in Fashion, Street Style, Style
Tagged Bulgaria, coats, Japan, Kiev, London, san francisco, Scandinavia, Street Style, Ukraine, winter coats