This blog has always tracked global street style, because I find other cities and people around the world so fascinating. I read books on Geo-political topics for pleasure and it’s my habit to read national news first and then jump over to the BBC news page for a broader world view. There are so many news items that the US papers don’t even cover. Over the past year, I’ve been keeping up on the conflict in the Ukraine and it’s disintegrating quickly and violently.
After reading All The Light We Cannot See at the beginning of the year, it crystallized for me that wars and conflicts are singularly political, and that the people, families and communities always lose, no matter which side they are on.
I wanted to feature street style from Kiev, Ukraine today because it’s important to put a face to places. Conflict touches regular people — these people and their loved ones. I’m not sure what the next political move is by the international community, but I am watching and I care.
Anya (photo: Style in Kyiv)
Diana (photo: Style in Kyiv)
Diana – (photo: Style in Kyiv)
Yana – (photo: Style in Kyiv)
Be sure to check out more from Style in Kyiv and see street fashion and beautiful faces from Kiev, Ukraine.
We are all one.
“Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever.”
― Anthony Doerr, All the Light We Cannot See
The Daily Chictomist via Chictopia
District of Chic via Chictopia
Malaika Firth via Vanessa Jackman
Mijo Mijaljcic via Stockholm Streetstyle
Throwing on a blanket sweater or coat is a sure-fire way to get a crisp fall look without having to work too hard. All the women shown here have started with a minimalist, neutral base layer and then let the patterned topper take the forefront. It’s one of my eternally favorite fall looks, because it looks casually chic and offers a big payoff.
Stay warm and have a wonderful day!
“There is no place more delightful than one’s own fireplace.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
I want to feel this cozy.
You probably saw this post coming a Mile High away. It’s the most fashionable way to cheer on my home team this weekend in the Super Bowl. Go Broncos!!
Who else is watching this weekend, either by force or for fun?
Here are some things I thought were interesting or curious this week and wanted to share with you:
- Refinery29 put up a shopping guide for 12 Perfect Pairs of Tan Booties That Will Put A Spring In Your Step. High heeled, low heeled, pricey and affordable. Great picks.
- Tommy Ton shoots street style at the Spring Couture shows that are happening now. It’s the show before the show, if you know what I mean.
- WhoWhatWear gives us a lesson on how to wear your jeans with boots and how to remedy that awkward boot tuck.
- Is this the end of Lady Mary’s suitor, Lord Gillingham? We hope not, because he’s kind of dreamy. Get another look at this handsome bloke.
- And on that note, take a sip of Cocktail Recipes from the World’s Most Romantic Bars. Passion Royale, anyone?
Hang in there! It’s almost the weekend.