Spring make-up and new perfumes are starting to make their way into the stores with all sorts of marketing and fanfare. Sephora is sending promotional emails just about every other day trying to coax me into their store with lures of Spring color, must-have beauty products and sensual perfumes. Before heading out to try some new products, I thought I’d give a rundown of the current MVPs in my beauty bag.
These have all been tried, re-applied and adored.
- M.A.C. Powerpoint Eye Pencil, $14.50 (this goes on and stays on all day without melting down my face. Avail. in 14 colors.)
- Cargo The Reverse Lip Liner, $3.50 (use this on the inner lower eye rim to make eyes look awake and bright)
- Benefit Speed Brow, $16 (I put this on everyday without fail, even on no make-up days. It keeps my brows in-check and gives them a groomed appearance with the flick of a wand. Genius.)
- Neutragena Health Volume Mascara, $8 (doesn’t clump, smear, crumble or smudge )
- Neutragena Healthy Skin Blends Natural Radiance Bronzer, $11 (believable sun-kissed bronzer mosaic, without too much sparkle.)
- Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Mineral Relief Powder, $33 (newly converted to this amazing product. Covers redness on cheeks, nose and chin instantly. Love, love, love this stuff.)
- NARS lipgloss, $24 (good amount of pigment and it’s not goopy or sticky. Doesn’t make me feel like a teenage girl.)
- Rocky Mountain High Activity Sunscreen SPF 30+, $10 (gardening, sports, farmer’s markets or swimming – this handles it all.)
- Banana Boat Sunblock Sun Wear Faces SPF 30, $10 (my go-to sunblock for everyday — it sinks right in and never looks ghostly.)
- Bare Escentuals Natural Sunscreen SPF 30, $28 (This is a mineral sunscreen that you can apply/re-apply right over make-up. It basically looks/acts like a powder.)
My friends and I are always on a quest for great products and we love recommending things to each other. Most of these MVPs will work on any skin tone or type, so hopefully you’ll see something that strikes your fancy. If you have suggestions for products you really love, let me know about it. I’m always up for trying something new.