Watching the fashion parade before the 2011 Golden Globe Awards is a bit surreal. You’ve got these incredibly attractive, fit, glowing actors who’ve just been given access to the best designers, stylists and jewels in the country. Then we get to sit back, watch and see what they did with their golden key.
My eye always goes towards the women who pick a look that enhances their beauty, figure and let’s the woman shine, not just the dress. Sometimes the dress and the styling just miss for the woman and I felt like that happened a lot this year. Lord knows, if I ever had to walk a red carpet, I’d be in a gazillion different directions on what to choose, so I’m not going to call-out anyone or anyone’s dress. (I’m ready for the challenge though, so feel free to give me a ring if you need a blogger on your red carpet. Just sayin’!)
Here are my picks for Best Dressed:
- Anne Hathaway (above, just stunning — who else could wear head-to-toe sequins and not be outshone by it?)
- Mila Kunis (the cut is so flattering, the color is luminous and the bow is not overdone. She nailed it.)
- Scarlett Johansson (The best blush gown and so feminine with those butterfly sleeves. I take exception to the hair though.)
- Emma Stone (it’s the color and the cut — this dress in black would have been a yawn)
- Jon Hamm & Jennifer Westfeldt (cutest couple, they both got it right)
Now it’s your turn. Who do you think was the Best Dressed? Which dress would you have worn yourself?
If you’re curious, here were my picks from last year. It’s interesting to see what was hot just one year ago:
- Fashion Has a Moment at the Golden Globes (runway.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Golden Globes Fashion: Justin Bieber, Natalie Portman Go Ultra Glam (mtv.com)
- Emma Stone – Golden Globes 2011 Red Carpet (justjared.buzznet.com)
- “2011 Golden Globe Awards Red Carpet Fashion (PHOTO Gallery)” and related posts (bumpshack.com)