Last week, we took a look at what’s coming down the runway in Milan for Menswear Fall 2011. That might seem like a long way off, but guys, you can begin infusing color into your wardrobe now and be ahead of the pack. Take a look at what street style photographer and blogger, Tommy Ton shot during his stint in Milan and Paris last week and you’ll begin to be a believer. There’s no reason to zombie out this winter in your Matrix black, when you can grab some color and wake this place up.
Least you think I don’t see the subtle differences between Italians and Americans, I do. Perhaps you’re not ready for bright pants or purple paisley scarves, that you’ll see in the full Tommy Ton shoot for GQ.com. I get ya. The street inspirations above take that bright pop of color we saw on the Milan runways (check out last week’s post) and bring it forward into Heartland wearable ways with a contrasting shoe, colored scarf, bright pullover or orange sport-banded watch. Just the jolt of energy that’s needed when you’re in the depths of winter.
Where to Shop It: Boulder
- Installation – colorful kicks and sneaks (i.e. Nike Dunk Lows Pro)
- Urban Outfitters – scarves, hats, tees (try the UO Navajo Scarf)
- Regiment – quality pullovers, shoes
- Weekends – on trend shirts, shoes and jeans for men & women
Click It: Online Retailers
- Menswear Fall 2011: A Colorful Winter (bucklebuttonzip.com)
- Menswear on the European runways (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Color-Coded Men’s Fashion – The Prada Menswear Spring Summer 2011 Line is Bright & Colorful (GALLERY) (trendhunter.com)
- Street style: Milan just got interesting (thestar.com)