Somehow I’ve already read ten books this year and I’m not quite sure how that happened. Must have been a combination of bad TV, wintery weekends, one day nursing a cold, and a couple of plane trips, because that is not normal for me.
The good news is that a few of these books are really good and I’ve done reviews on all of them. My favorites being Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore (fiction), The City of Ember (YA fiction) and Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body’s Natural Ability to Heal Itself (non-fiction, health).
Here are all ten books recently read (ordered from top to bottom picture-wise):
- Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore (smart, techie + old-world)
- The City of Ember (YA fiction that is a real page-turner)
- Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body’s Natural Ability to Heal Itself (change your diet, change your life. Gwyneth follows this, so there’s that, and Dr. Oz approved)
- The Last Letter from Your Lover (right love, wrong timing + amnesia!)
- The Curse of the Good Girl (tips for raising girls with high self esteem)
- The Runaway Princess (beach read, sort of Bridget Jones meets yummy heir to the throne)
- Cesar Milan’s Short Guide to a Happy Dog (naughty dog? reset the behavior + tips for picking the right puppy)
- Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future (easy adds to your diet)
- The People of Sparks (sequel to Book of Ember, YA fiction)
- The Secret Lives of Wives (want to stay married? Anecdotes on longevity)
Click over to 2013 Books and Reviews to see more info and detailed reviews. I’d love to hear what you’re reading and liking. Please tell me what’s good. We all need good books in our lives.
More like this: