Knitting Noodles large wool basket
Waiting on Martha – Dutch crown braid tutorial
Joe’s Jeans – Prosper Open-toe Booties
Ancient Greek Sandals – Althea Suede sandals
Venessa Arizaga silver braided bracelet
Click any picture for more crisscross-y details.
How cute is that Dutch braid? The rest of the tutorial shows how to fix hair as shown or how to make a braided crown with messy bun underneath. It doesn’t look too done, which is nice. Have to try this on one on my daughter for a test run.
Enjoy the day!
“Life is a web of intersections and choices. Your 1st choice is to recognize an intersection. Your 2nd choice is to be grateful for it.” — Ryan Lilly
Posted in Beauty, Fashion, Lifestyle, Shopping, Style, Trends
Tagged Ancient Greek, basket, bracelets, braids, cozy, Dutch crown braid, hairstyles, Home, jewelry, Joe's Jeans, knitted, Knitting Noodles, sandals
Sitting here in a sweater and pair of boots for the first time this season, I guess it’s time to fully embrace the coming of fall. It’s my favorite season, with the moderate temps, gorgeous foliage colors, and the introspective mood before the coming of winter. As nature scurries to prepare for the onset of cold weather, I follow suit with a new-found energy toward finishing projects and clearing out our nest. There’s no use in trying to stop the change.
Jason Wu Spring 2015 Ready-To-Wear (New York). style.com
Making the summer-to-fall leap:
- Fashion shows for Spring have begun! New York, London, Milan and Paris will show collections over the next two months. I’ve started a Spring 2015 Ready-to-Wear cheat sheet here to track trends, colors and fabrics.
- Donate, sell and consign. Good grief — the clutter! Create a haven in your space this winter by clearing out unwanted things now. Start small with a bag or two. Please don’t freak out and do too much. Slow and steady is better.
- Get the house winterized while the weather is still nice. Here’s a helpful list of maintenance items to get done now – To Do: September Home Checklist
- My workout routine was non-existent this summer, so it’s time to make it a priority again. I’ve signed up for two classes and am ready to kick some booty. No time for the gym? Check out this printable No Running Required, 20-minute Cardio Workout.
- Plan the next vacation. Summer trips are still fresh in our memories, but fall and winter breaks will be here before we know it. Don’t get shut out by waiting too long. 5 Things Smart Travelers Should Do in September.
Lastly, here’s a 15-second beauty cheat. I just got wise to this brow product that is really fantastic. Gimme Brow by Benefit ($22) has a tiny mascara-like brush that fills in brows, even where they are seriously lacking. Covers little grey hairs, adds dimension to the arch and tail, and fills in patchy areas. It’s kind of a brow miracle and very easy to use.
Gimme Brow by Benefit
Enjoy all the good things that September brings.
“My heart is drumming in my chest so hard it aches, but it’s the good kind of ache, like the feeling you get on the first real day of autumn, when the air is crisp and the leaves are all flaring at the edges and the wind smells just vaguely of smoke – like the end and the beginning of something all at once.”
― Lauren Oliver, Delirium
Posted in Beauty, Fashion, Fashion Shows, Lifestyle, Travel
Tagged beauty, Brows, Checklist, Fashion Shows, fitness, Home, Runway, Spring 2015, Travel Planning