The past couple of days has produced a lot of great content in the fashion blogging world. There were enough interesting pieces, that I thought I’d share them with you:
- Sally at Already Pretty writes Why Trends Are Your Friends and I happen to completely agree with her on why it’s important to stay up on the latest styles.
- Fashion News: Angelina Jolie is the new face for Louis Vuitton. While I’m a huge fan of Angie’s, how many people would actually take their precious LV tote bag across a river in a rickety canoe? Anyone?
- Net-A-Porter.com created an online magazine dedicated to bloggers called the The Blog Power List. Many of the big names in fashion blogging were featured, with editorial, features and personal picks. Hanneli Mustaparta, talks about why women are obsessed with style blogs and why bloggers stick together (it’s true, we do). You might already know a lot of these blogs, but there were some new-to-me finds in this feature, i.e. Into The Gloss (beauty) and TripStyler (aspiring jet-setter’s style). It’s a must read if you love fashion blogs.
And if you’re looking for more good reading, this week’s Independent Fashion Blogger community put up a whopper of a list for Links a la Mode. So many insightful posts, so little time! Definitely check out Arash Mazinani, By Anika, and Consider Me Lovely (very powerful post on being a dark-skinned girl – watch the video).
Links à la Mode: June 9th
- Arash Mazinani: Super Brands: Why They’ve Got You Hooked
- Barbro Andersen: Blogging is sharing, and sharing is caring!
- Best of Bklyn: How I wore my mom’s prom dress, 31 years later!
- Best of Palm Beach Consignment: Alexander McQueen: A Love Story
- Blah Blah Becky: Lipstick: A History
- Boheme Noir: 20 Alexander McQueen Runway Moments that blew my mind
- By Anika: A Love Letter to Personal Bloggers
- Consider Me Lovely: A journey from self-loathing to self-loving.
- Crashing Red: Why bloggers should not be categorized—or judged—because of their particular style.
- Dress With Courage: How do you define the difference between being inspired, or being a copycat?
- FIERCE: A Day at the Beach and a Lesson in Self Love
- Fierce Fab Fit: I’m a Grammar Snob: V1—Homophones
- Grit & Glamour: Video Review: Maybelline Color Sensational Clear Lipliner
- Haute Khuuture: How to display your jewelry for maximum use with minimal effort.
- Her Catwalk: 5 Ways to Get Rid of Unnecessary Spending
- Hippie Lace: A simple and easy DIY to add length—and spice—to cut off shorts
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Bloggers are not your only readers
- Oranges and Apples: Why I Will Never be a Professional Blogger
- Style Confessions: Gel nail polish—what’s the big deal?
- Style Nuggets: 5 Surprising Benefits of Blogging
- The Styling Dutchman: A self-conscious post about unflattering pictures and photoshopping: embrace the ugly!
- The Well Appointed Catwalk: The Un-It Bag