All of a sudden it doesn’t seem like such a fantasy to think about spring outfits. As collective survivors of the seemingly longest, most dismal winter of memory (extra survival points to those in epic weather areas), I think it is safe to begin dreaming of open-toed shoes, bare-legged skirts and days without winter coats.
As I was perusing my Spring 2015 designer runway pins, I spotted this lovely Michael Kors outfit. Gingham is one of those prints we’ll be seeing more of this spring/summer and it’s got great graphic appeal. It evokes picnics, warm weather strolls and eating gelato.
Michael Kors Spring 2015
While the off shoulder top and midi skirt works straight off the runway, I found another equally cool gingham outfit, below. In my world, the button-down shirt and white jeans are more likely to get pulled for week-to-week rotation. I also really like her choice of lighter brown accents with the printed shirt. You’ll notice that both the runway and street style outfits do brown belts and bags with the black print. Uh huh, nothing gets by me.
Lovely Pepa by Alexandra via Pinterest
Happily both outfit inspirations work for a variety of age groups (minus the cropped top for my 40+ self, but that’s easily remedied).
Here’s to warmer weather!
“And the Spring arose on the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere;
And each flower and herb on Earth’s dark breast
Rose from the dreams of its wintry rest.”
― Percy Bysshe Shelley
More like this:
Posted in Fashion, Fashion Shows, Street Style, Style, Trends
Tagged 40+ style, Gingham, Michael Kors, midi skirt, Spring 2015, spring outfit, Street Style, white jeans
Sitting here in a sweater and pair of boots for the first time this season, I guess it’s time to fully embrace the coming of fall. It’s my favorite season, with the moderate temps, gorgeous foliage colors, and the introspective mood before the coming of winter. As nature scurries to prepare for the onset of cold weather, I follow suit with a new-found energy toward finishing projects and clearing out our nest. There’s no use in trying to stop the change.
Jason Wu Spring 2015 Ready-To-Wear (New York). style.com
Making the summer-to-fall leap:
- Fashion shows for Spring have begun! New York, London, Milan and Paris will show collections over the next two months. I’ve started a Spring 2015 Ready-to-Wear cheat sheet here to track trends, colors and fabrics.
- Donate, sell and consign. Good grief — the clutter! Create a haven in your space this winter by clearing out unwanted things now. Start small with a bag or two. Please don’t freak out and do too much. Slow and steady is better.
- Get the house winterized while the weather is still nice. Here’s a helpful list of maintenance items to get done now – To Do: September Home Checklist
- My workout routine was non-existent this summer, so it’s time to make it a priority again. I’ve signed up for two classes and am ready to kick some booty. No time for the gym? Check out this printable No Running Required, 20-minute Cardio Workout.
- Plan the next vacation. Summer trips are still fresh in our memories, but fall and winter breaks will be here before we know it. Don’t get shut out by waiting too long. 5 Things Smart Travelers Should Do in September.
Lastly, here’s a 15-second beauty cheat. I just got wise to this brow product that is really fantastic. Gimme Brow by Benefit ($22) has a tiny mascara-like brush that fills in brows, even where they are seriously lacking. Covers little grey hairs, adds dimension to the arch and tail, and fills in patchy areas. It’s kind of a brow miracle and very easy to use.
Gimme Brow by Benefit
Enjoy all the good things that September brings.
“My heart is drumming in my chest so hard it aches, but it’s the good kind of ache, like the feeling you get on the first real day of autumn, when the air is crisp and the leaves are all flaring at the edges and the wind smells just vaguely of smoke – like the end and the beginning of something all at once.”
― Lauren Oliver, Delirium
Posted in Beauty, Fashion, Fashion Shows, Lifestyle, Travel
Tagged beauty, Brows, Checklist, Fashion Shows, fitness, Home, Runway, Spring 2015, Travel Planning